Car accidents don’t have to involve multiple vehicles. When an accident involves a single vehicle that ends in a collision with an object or hits something on the road, then it is known as a single-vehicle accident. This type of accident can be as dangerous and damaging as other types of accidents.
So, if you are wondering whether your car insurance will provide coverage for single-vehicle accidents, then you need to read this blog to find the answer.
Factors That Cause Single-Vehicle Accidents
Some of the common factors that cause single-vehicle accidents are listed below.
- Driver was distracted
- Vehicle hit a pole or stationary object
- Hitting an animal
- Damage caused while avoiding collision with another vehicle
- Crash due to bad road conditions
Does Car Insurance Cover Single Vehicle Accidents?
Collison and comprehensive Car insurance coverage options are available for single-vehicle accidents, but it also depends on the cause of the accident. Single-vehicle accidents are generally covered by collision and comprehensive coverages. For example, if the damage is caused because of hitting a pole or tree, then it will be covered by your collision insurance. Similarly, if the damage is caused by hitting an animal, then your comprehensive insurance will cover the damage to your car.
Things to Do After a Single Vehicle Accident
Meeting with an accident can be overwhelming but make sure to keep these things in mind and act on them immediately after your single-car accident.
- Get out of the vehicle immediately and turn on the hazard lights.
- Call an ambulance if there is any medical emergency.
- Check for damages caused to the vehicle and call a tow truck if required.
- Inform the police and report a case.
- Take pictures, videos, and eyewitness records of the accident site for future reference.
When Must I File a Claim for a Single Vehicle Accident?
Single-vehicle accidents can cause severe damage to the car. If the cost of damage is more than your deductible, then you should file an insurance claim with your insurance company.
Based on the insurance policy coverage, the company will compensate for your losses after reviewing your case.
How to Prevent Single-Car Accidents
Claiming insurance for a single-vehicle accident can be challenging. To avoid all the hassles of claiming your car insurance coverage, you can follow these measures that can help in preventing a single-car accident.
- Avoid speeding.
- Drive extra cautiously on the road with rough conditions.
- Be alert while driving in areas where there are animals.
- Don’t drive under the influence of alcohol and drugs.
- Always wear a seatbelt.
- Avoid driving when sleepy.
Cover Yourself on the Road Against All the Risks with Family Financial Insurance Group
Accidents are bound to happen, and they can lead to severe damage to your pocket as well. Getting auto insurance is the best option to secure yourself and your vehicle. If you are looking for the best car insurance that will cover all your needs, then contact the insurance experts at Family Financial Insurance Group. We will provide you with one of the best and most customized auto insurance policies at the best prices.